Thursday, May 29, 2014

Re-made Skirt Support

I'm working to remake my wardrobe as well as my impression and one of the first considerations in this endeavor is to remake my underpinnings. I have been converting my work corset into a fashion corset but I haven't gotten all of the kinks worked out of that. However, I have come to like the shape of my refreshed cage.


My original intention was to add a larger bottom rung, increasing it from 90" to 100+. However, as I was reattaching the hoops (after having taken them all off, reshaping them, adding more vertical tapes, etc.) I found that raising the top one, along with all the rest, gave a nice shelf to my bell shape. This in turn gives the appearance or illusion of a much fuller skirt support without actually increasing the bottom hoop. As it turns out, I like it enough to try it like this for a while.

Hopefully I will be able to finish my sheer dress remake within the next week and enjoy my "new" shape at an event.... as things currently stand, I have no dress that fits and flatters.... but I'm working on that.

In case you are wondering what silhouette I'm going for, here is an image to help. Do keep in mind that I'm not trying for anything nearly that big.

No comments:

Post a Comment